In order to provide a pleasant shopping environment as well as to ensure the safety of our customers and merchants, we ask all visitors to refrain from the following:
- Engaging in any act, activity or behavior which is illegal and/or in violation of any federal, state, or local statute, law, rule or ordinance.
- Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse or physically or verbally threatening any person, or hostility of any kind.
- Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties or those lawfully licensed to carry firearms.
- Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior. This includes the use of gang symbols or slogans.
- Using obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Sexually explicit language or conduct.
- Displaying or wearing any item which depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity, or obscene or offensive language, wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict or that offends community standards of decency, or that impinges on the sensitivities of others in the shopping center. This includes failing to wear a shoes and shirt.
- Possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs
- Being intoxicated and/or possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere on the premises.
- Selling alcohol products to persons of any age. Also, selling or providing alcohol products to underage persons.
- Selling or providing of tobacco products to underage persons; purchasing tobacco products by underage persons.
- Annoying or alarming others by engaging in activities including but not limited to noisy and boisterous behavior, unnecessary staring or following any individual(s) while inside any of our businesses, unnecessary staring or following any individual(s) while in our common areas and/or parking lot.
- Assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, walking abreast in groups and/or loitering for the purpose of disturbing the peace or any unlawful purpose, disrupting the shopping enjoyment of customers, or disrupting the intended business use of the shopping center.
- Yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios, or other sound generating equipment or communicating in any manner that interferes with the hearing or peace of our other patrons.
- Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate boarding, rollerblading, or riding a scooter or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron’s view of doorways, windows, and/or other merchant or management displays. Bicycles and Segways must be used in the outside parking area only and in accordance with all bicycle and vehicle safety rules.
- Removing, defacing, damaging, or destroying any real or personal property constituting, part of, or located in or on shopping center property.
- Attendance of children (under age 18) during school hours unaccompanied by a parent, teacher, or legal guardian (excluding school holidays and home schooled students). Unaccompanied children ages 16-17 may produce proof of reduced school hours or completion thereof.
- Any form of solicitation, sales or products or services, or distributing handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind or offering samples of items, which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution without the prior written consent of the South Hills Management Office.
- Standing or stopping in such a manner as to impede the flow of pedestrian traffic. Improper use of stairs.
- Sitting anywhere or on anything other than chairs or benches, designed for such purposes located in designated areas of the shopping center or any improper use of shopping center facilities.
- Creating litter by discarding paper, glass, or other matter of any kind, anywhere except in a trash receptacle.
- Overnight parking; parking in non-designated parking areas, parking in fire lanes or other no-parking areas, erratic or careless driving, exceeding the posted speed limit, or use of a vehicle in manner inconsistent with shopping center traffic markings or signage. Parking violators may be subject to towing at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- Bringing animals on shopping center property with the exception of animals trained to assist physically challenged patrons and who are either accompanying those patrons or individual(s) who is/are training them for this purpose. Also excepting those animals going to or from the photography studio or involved in center-sponsored events.
- Our center is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted only in designated outside smoking areas with disposal of butts, ashes, etc in the receptacles provided in these areas.
This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this shopping center.
We ask that visitors comply with any instructions given by our authorized security personnel in accordance with this code.
Violation of this code of conduct, including failure to comply with the instructions of security personnel in accordance with this code, may result in expulsion from this property in addition to other legal remedies that management may choose to exercise, including apprehension by the appropriate law enforcement agency.
This shopping center is private property and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public’s entry into this property.
This “Behavioral Code of Conduct” is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law.
For any questions about this code, please notify the South Hills Management Office at (919) 467-8118.